This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A little treat for me

I decided to celebrate my 100th Etsy sale (in my BestBeads shop) and my 200th Etsy 'heart' (also BestBeads) by getting a little something just for me.

I found these beauties at http://raescreations.etsy.com - aren't they lovely? Everything in her shop is fabulous, I could have spent a lot more but I showed restraint. Since I make so much jewelry myself, it's very rare for me to buy jewelry from someone else; in fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I did! I guess that says something about how much I like this ring. I can't wait to get it in the mail!!!

And it's been a few days since I've posted a recipe, so here's what we had for dinner tonight. It's based on a recipe on VegWeb.com. Everyone enjoyed it, even the little guy.
Thai Style Tofu with Broccoli and Peanut Sauce

1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (more if you are crazy like that)
1 clove minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
dash of red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
a bunch of broccoli, cut into pieces
14 oz. firm or extra-firm tofu, excess water pressed out, cut
into pieces
a little soy sauce
a little olive oil
soba noodles (or rice, whatever you want to serve it on)

Lightly brown the tofu pieces in the olive oil. Sprinkle some soy sauce on the tofu as it cooks. Add the broccoli and a splash of water and cover to steam broccoli a bit, or just continue to stir-fry.

To prepare peanut sauce, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, pepper, garlic, cilantro, ginger, red pepper flakes, and lime juice in a small saucepan. Mix well with over low heat until warm.

Serve broccoli and tofu over noodles or rice, and top with peanut sauce. Yum yum!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Tamara, fun blog! Long time, no talk. We've both been busy with babes. I just read about your crock pot creation and had to tell you about this awesome new cookbook I got - Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. I've made at least 7 things from it already and every single one has been amazing! Check it out.
Sara & Sasha