This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Glad to be done with this project!

Last night I wrapped up a project that has been cluttering my workspace for the last month or so - such a good feeling! For the first time, I'm contributing to The Sampler for the month of August. The deadline for submissions is July 15th so I finally had to get my act together and wrap it up.


I made 25 wire wrapped rings, but I think the packaging took as much or more time as the rings themselves. I wanted to do something eyecatching and more fun than my usual jewelry cards (even though I like my jewelry cards). What do you think?

10 comments:

Robin Marie said...

Wow, they look really incredible! I would say it's worth the effort! I'm most impressed:) Everything you do seems to be done to the very end, I truly admire it.

Andrea said...

Looks great Tamara! I LOVE the butterfly cut-out and love the ring even more!

Hope it brings lots of great exposure.

Great job.

lizadesigns said...

These look fantastic! Great job. It shows that you pay a great attention to detail. I bet you'll get tons of great feedback for these. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i'm drooling over the fact that you have an actual PILE of the pearly rings. beautiful! and i really love the packaging too--nicely done!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Those cards are so cute!! I saw those pearl rings on etsy and am dying to get one. Looks like it was a lot of work, you must be one busy jewelry-making, vegan-baking mom!!

Athena's Armoury said...

Wow! They look great! I would be thrilled to get one in my package -- hopefully, they'll bring you lots of exposure. I need to get going on this whole Sampler thing.
-Janine

JudyM said...

As usual, a beautiful job! I really do like the little rings and the design of the card. Lots of work, but I'm sure well worth it.
Love, Judy

Barbra said...

Simply beautiful!

Kellybot said...

I have a Sampler subscription - I sure hope I'm lucky enough to get one of your submissions!
They look really great.

msbelle said...

Gosh! You have had your work cut out for you! These are great!