This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Labradorite Ring Mania!

This ring has been generating a lot of interest, but everyone seems to need it in a different size, so this post is for those of you who have contacted me about your own custom wire wrapped labradorite ring. (This technique, by the way, came from a tutorial on Eni Oken's website.)


Above, you can see the original ring, which I have decided to keep for myself because I love it too much to part with it! The labradorite cabochon in this ring measures 15mm by 18mm. Today I was able to find a few more rectangular labradorite cabochons, but unfortunately they were from a different supplier and were more expensive than the originals. The first few I sold in this style went for $38 because I got an awesome deal on the cabs - these will be a bit more simply due to my increased materials cost.

I'm going to list photographs of the three cabs that are currently available to be made into custom rings. I've shown each alone, next to the original for size comparison, and sitting on my hand to get an idea of its scale. (Keep in mind that I have short, stumpy fingers!) These are going to go on a first come, first served basis so if you want one, please let me know as soon as possible.

Once again, here's the original:


And now the options:

Cab #1 measures 13mm by 18mm. A ring made with this cab will sell for $46. {This cab has been spoken for since I originally wrote this post.}


Cab #2 measures 15mm by 25mm. A ring made with this cab will sell for $60.



Cab #3 measures 15mm by 26mm. A ring made with this cab will also sell for $60. {This cab has been spoken for since I originally wrote this post.}



Thanks for looking! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were all very lovely cabs. Makes me want to find a cab to try the technique myself!