This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Bridal Jewelry

Yay! I got another bridal commission. My newest customer loved these earrings but wanted them in a more traditional white color scheme. She also wanted a matching necklace, and here's what I came up with.

I used large moonstone briolettes, Swarovski (vegan) pearls, tiny faceted aquamarine rondelles, smooth round labradorite beads, faceted moonstone rondelles, and tiny sterling silver beads and chain to construct these beauties.





I always have trouble photographing white pearls so these pictures aren't the greatest... does anyone have any tips for dealing with that? I wonder if it has something to do with the high contrast between the dark wood background and the light beads (since it looks better in the photo against my skin)... maybe I will have to play around with using different backgrounds with white pearl jewelry.

4 comments:

lizadesigns said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Did I tell you how beautiful these are? Awesome job. This bride is going to be stunning with these.

msbelle said...

I saw these on Flickr! Gorgeous! You're so very talented!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Those are beautiful earrings!! So glad you're making more bridal jewelry, you do an amazing job!

Ángela said...

Very pretty! A tip for photographing white on black/dark backgrounds: try to under-expose the picture, either by adjusting the F stops or the velocity/aperture in your camera settings. The light meter in your camera is over-exposing the pictures because a large portion is dark. Some cameras give you the option to set the light-metering on a part of the object and use that reading for the whole pic. I hope this helps! If you need any more help, just let me know. :)