This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March Jewelry for Charity Recap & April Kick-Off

Thanks to my amazing customers, March was my best month yet! With your help, I raised a whopping $503 for Food For Life , which ought to buy plenty of nourishing vegetarian meals for needy people around the world! This brings my total donations to $3,846 - that's almost four thousand dollars raised for charity in less than a year!!! I can't tell you how grateful I am to all of you who have helped by shopping in my bead shop and/or my jewelry shop. Remember, 5% of everything you spend with me always goes directly to charity.

I have exciting news for April... I'm featuring Animal Place, and those of you who follow this little program of mine may remember that I also featured them last August. Normally I would wait a little longer to choose them again, to spread the love around to a few more groups first, but very exciting things are happening at Animal Place, and I couldn't resist getting in on the action. (If you aren't familiar with Animal Place, you can read what I wrote about them last August to get up to speed.)

Animal Place has an exciting opportunity right now - to move from their over grazed 60-acre sanctuary in Vacaville, California to 590 acres of rolling pasture land in the California foothills of Grass Valley. They are mounting a campaign to raise money for the down payment on the property, and I want to help!

The current sanctuary's size limits how many animals can be saved; the new sanctuary site has lots of room to grow. At their current site, mudslides in winter and soaring temperatures in summer make life difficult for the animals; Grass Valley is 10 degrees cooler year-round. The existing sanctuary is also having water problems - with one well dry the situation is tenuous at best. The new site has pastures that are irrigated year-round, ensuring a constant supply of water for the rescued animals. For these reasons and more, it is imperative that Animal Place is successful in their attempt to secure this new property.

Of course you will be helping Animal Place reach their goal anytime you make a purchase from me during the month of April, but I'd like to also ask you all to consider making a direct donation to this very worthy project. You can read more about it, view a map of the property, watch a slide show, and donate online.

Brenda the pig, and all of the past, present, and future rescued animals at Animal Place, say THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Yay for Animal Place. This is a great cause and one I donate to every month. Good luck!