This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Little Late - April Jewelry for Charity Recap & May Kick-Off

Well, I'm only ten days late in posting, but I do want to let you know how we did last month for charity...

Rather than base my donation solely on sales for April, I pledged a flat amount to Animal Place's campaign to raise money for their new property. That donation brought my to-date donation total to a whopping $4,346.00!!! April concludes my first full year of my Jewelry for Charity project, and it is so rewarding to see how much I've been able to donate to various charities, with your amazing help of course!

I have to tell you though, that my happiness in this achievement was dampened a bit this morning when I saw that I received my second neutral feedback in my Etsy shop based on the inclusion of the 'Compassionate Choices' brochures in my outgoing packages. It's discouraging to be criticized (especially publicly) for trying to make the world a better place and reduce suffering. I won't say any more about it, since we've already discussed the issue thoroughly in a previous post and comments.

5% of all sales in both my bead shop and my jewelry shop during the month of May will benefit Vegan Outreach, one of my favorite charities! I know I've been focusing heavily on vegan and animal related causes lately, so after this month I'm planning to feature more human-related causes for a couple of months. It's nice to have a balance.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Rock, a good human being and a good role model!!!

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

You are still doing the right and humane thing

Anonymous said...

Keep on doing what you're doing. You're doing the right thing and I admire your committment!

Marji said...

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity! We at Animal Place appreciate it immensely!

It's always tough to do the right thing and stand up for your morals. And you are doing it in such a kind, nonthreatening way. Keep up the good work!