This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Jewelry for Charity Recap & November Kick-Off


It's hard to believe another month has passed! I hope your October was pleasant. Thanks so much to all of you who shopped in either my bead shop or my jewelry shop during the month of October! With your help, I've raised another $500 to send to Animal Place in support of the purchase of their new property, which I believe they hope to have operational sometime next year. One more payment and I get to name a pasture! :-) I have no idea what I'm going to name it though; any ideas?

(By the way, if you're an animal lover - or even if you're not! * - check out this sweet post on the Animal Place blog. Awwwwww.)

* I can't imagine that there are any non animal lovers reading this blog - listening to me would probably drive you nuts!

Back to my charity projects...

November's recipient is AsociaciĆ³n de Amigos de los Animales, an awesome group working to improve the lives of animals in Guatemala. Their website is all in Spanish, but if you make any purchases from either of my shops this month, I'll include an English language flyer in your package to let you know a bit more about what they do.

So thanks again for your support, and remember that 5% of any purchases you make this month will go directly to the people who are out there trying to make the world a better place!

No comments: