This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So. Much. Hope.

I found this gem on my brother's blog today.

Wow, what a day. I watched a lot of the lead-up to the swearing-in today, but sadly, I had to leave the house before Obama's speech, so I need to go watch it on the internet ASAP. And where was I off to so bright-and-early in the morning, you ask? Well, I enjoyed my first morning of leafleting today at our local junior college. A friend and I handed out around 400 brochures in under four hours - we gave out Compassionate Choices, Why Vegan, Even If You Like Meat..., and Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating. It was a little scary at first, but overall pretty fun and fulfilling. I met quite a few fellow vegans and vegetarians, and only encountered a few mildly rude people.

Isn't it amazing the way this election has galvanized so many people to become more involved and give back to their communities? My work of choice is vegan outreach. What's yours?


No comments: