This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Hoo Hoo

We have an owl who hangs out around our house sometimes and we often have the lovely experience of listening to him hoo-hoo-ing at night. Tonight as we pulled into the drive after a quick dinner out, I spotted him for the first time, sitting atop a tree just beyond our yard. I know this isn't the best picture, but I feel compelled to share. Isn't he cool?

4 comments:

Shelby Cobras said...

there used to be a baby owl that lived behind the "modular cottage" i inhabited after you. i would step out onto the back porch some nights to say hi, and he (she?) would just chill out, staring at me with those big, wise, owl-eyes.
SUCH an awesome and mystical animal.

Tamara said...

heh heh. modular cottage. I like that.

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

wow! SO cool, Tamara. I think it's a great image... :)

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Hey we have an owl to now. I love hearing him/her hoot. It relaxes me.