This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

VitaMix Update

I'm so glad I posted about my VitaMix yearning the other day - one of my fabulous customers saw my post and wrote to say that she had a rarely-used VitaMix that she would be happy to trade for jewelry. Mere days later, my new toy is in action in my kitchen!

Today I made this basic but yummy recipe from the VitaMix website, substituting blood oranges for the navel oranges. It turned out so frothy and pink and yummy!


Orange Juice Plus

Yield: 2 1/2 cups (600 mL)

Speed: Variable to High
Time: 1 minute

Ingredients

2 (260 g) medium navel oranges, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup (60 mL) water
3/4 cup (180 mL) ice cubes
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar or other sweetener, to taste (optional)

Place all ingredients in Vita-Mix container in order listed. Secure 2-part lid. Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 1 minute or until smooth. Serve immediately.

Variation: Add 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple with juice.

Note: For plain orange juice, omit vanilla and sweetener.

Health Classification: Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw

No comments: