This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

March Jewelry for Charity Recap & April Kick-Off

Just a quick post to report that, with your help, I raised $415.00 for United Poultry Concerns during the month of March. I sincerely thank you for your help (in the form of purchases from either of my shops), as do the chickens, turkeys, and other birds that benefit from UPC's important work.

This month, I'm featuring one of my perennial favorites, Vegan Outreach. Although I haven't managed to make much time for personally going out and leafleting over the past month or two, this is a cause that is near to my heart, and it makes me happy to support VO in any way I can. So remember, 5% of anything you spend in either my bead shop or my jewelry shop this month goes directly to Vegan Outreach!

March's donation brings my total donations to $9,685.00 since I began this program in May 2007. Hopefully I'll break the $10,000.00 mark after this month - wow! As always, thank you so much for helping me help others. It brings great meaning to my work.

No comments: