This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Food.

I've made some yummy, easy food lately but I was too lazy to go find my camera so sorry, no pics.

Last night, I made very simple rocky road-inspired sundaes for me and Matt - I started with chocolate fudge Tempt ice cream (hemp based, and very good) and added chopped chocolate-covered almonds and chopped Dandies marshmallows.

For lunch today, a quick pasta dish inspired by an item on a list of 100 quick vegan meal ideas that has been circulating lately (I just did a quick search and couldn't find it online - does anyone know the link?) -
16 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) EarthBalance margarine (or use a full stick if you're feeling indulgent)
1/2 cup pine nuts
large bunch fresh basil
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
red pepper flakes, to taste

While the spaghetti is cooking, combine margarine and pine nuts in a small pot and cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until both margarine and nuts are browned. Chiffonade the basil and set aside. After pasta is cooked and drained, return it to its cooking pot and stir in the margarine/pine nut mixture and the nutritional yeast. Spoon into individual bowls, top with basil and red pepper flakes, and enjoy!
Oh wait, I just remembered that I do have one food photo to share... a yummy toasted Dandies marshmallow from our camping trip earlier this week. Yum!

No comments: