This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Final Plea

Those of you who are faithful readers may remember my post a while back detailing my fundraising efforts with Team Vegan. For those of you who don't hang on my every word (for shame!), here's the quick version -

Team Vegan is made up of a group of animal advocates (including me!) working to raise money for Vegan Outreach by training for either a 10k run, half marathon, or full marathon, and soliciting sponsorships from friends and family members (and total strangers).

Prior to joining this effort, my thrice-weekly runs averaged 2-3 miles each. During the height of my training, I was able to reach my goal of 10k (~6 miles), which for me was pretty huge. Since then, I've settled on 3-4 mile runs three times a week. The program helped me kick my workouts up a notch, which feels great, but the main goal is really to support Vegan Outreach and the incredible work they do to fight animal cruelty and exploitation.

To that end, I'd like to ask you one last time to please consider sponsoring me. The fundraising deadline is approaching quickly, but there's still time to hop on over and do your part to reduce suffering in this crazy world of ours. The goal for the entire team is $75,o00, and some extremely generous donors, John and Fany, have pledged to match all donations up to that $75,000 goal. I just checked the website and it looks like we are pretty darn close to that goal, but if you get over there quickly enough, you can still donate in time for your donation to be doubled by the fabulous John and Fany.

You don't have to be vegan to contribute. You just have to care about making the world a better place. :-)

Thank you!

xoxoxoxo

Tamara

No comments: