This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Minor Change in Charitiy Schedule

Just a quick note, for those of you who like to keep up with which charity I'm currently donating 5% of my sales to -

In light of the recent devastating earthquake in Haiti and the resulting urgent need for immediate help, I'm pushing back the charities I had scheduled for January, February, and March by one month, and sending January's donation to Food For Life's Haitian relief fund. Food For Life is currently working on setting up a base in Haiti, where they will distribute vegan food to those in need.

I was amazed to read that Food For Life can provide over 100 meals in a crisis like this for just $25. I went ahead and sent a donation just now representing the first half of the month, rather than waiting until the end of the month, in an effort to provide help when it is needed most. Thanks to my wonderful customers, January is off to a great start, and I was able to send $350. (That's over 1,400 meals!)

Thanks to all of you who patronize my little jewelry business; please know that together we are making a difference!

No comments: